The sun is out, the skies are blue, and it’s almost summer again. From fun-filled beach days to long, relaxing evenings with friends, there’s plenty to look forward to...not least this season’s dazzling colour trends.
Inspired by London Fashion Week, we’ve uncovered the top statement shades to keep an eye out for this year. If you’re looking for the perfect gift, or a little something to get you through the final few days of winter, these pieces will add an irresistible pop of colour to your stationery wardrobe. Sure, we’re yet to see *biro-chic* on the runway, but why not lead the glamour pack by matching your pencil case to your outfit, you fashionista!
We’re loving for these warm, vintage hues, reminding us of an art-deco sunset on Miami beach. Say “you’re the zest!” by sending your penfriend one of these citrus delights.
2. Parker Duofold pens were first launched in 1921, and this stylish red edition is inspired by its modernist roots.
3. It’s rumoured that the US space program spent millions of dollars developing a pen that could write in any conditions, while the Russians just used a pencil. The cult Worther Shorty Pencil is the ultimate sidekick.
4. Add some luxury to your stationery collection with this year's special edition Lamy Al-Star. Feel like you rule the world when using this rich and debonair fountain pen (but don't worry, its not as expensive as it feels).
There’s nothing better than spending a day in nature, but even if you’re stuck at your desk, you can bring some wildflower vibes into your life by incorporating a dapple of rich greens, pinks and blues.
1. Bright as the summer sun this vibrant yellow fountain pen will be the highlight of your summer stationery.
2. Looking for an uplifting treat that won’t break the bank? This vibrant pink Sheaffer VFM Ballpoint Pen feels as good as it looks.
3. As any aesthete knows, a strong base colour is the foundation of outfit. Lay the groundwork for your most fertile work with this gorgeous Paper Republic Grand Voyageur Leather Travel Notebook in Green.
4. Staring down at endless documents when you should be gazing up at a crystal clear sky? This variegated resin rollerball is a timeless classic with a hypnotic finish.
Good enough to eat, this juicy colour palette makes us think of days spent at Wimbledon. From the perfectly manicured court, to the burst of a ripe berries, instantly transport yourself into an endless afternoon.
1. Delicate and elegant, this white and rose gold Otto Hutt Design 06 Fountain Pen (with optional engraving) is all the motivation you need to document your adventures.
2. Perfect for a smaller hand, this luscious Montegrappa Felicita Red Velvet Ballpoint Pen is an unforgettable graduation gift for someone who is about to enjoy a very long summer indeed.
3. It might not be quite as sporty as an afternoon of tennis, but the Kaweco Classic Sport Green Clutch Pencil makes a pretty good case for sitting still and doing some writing instead.
4. Sleek, simple and oh so pretty, Palmi Large Refillable Leather Journal is a pared-back notebook that will take you from work to play for years to come.