Ink Color: Blue
Behold the ancient Japanese art of Maki-e. The name refers to a technique devised in the Tempyo Era (710-794), whereby a craftsman arranges precious materials and real gold dust into a beautiful image before sealing the design with a layer of lacquer. This Platinum fountain pen features a classic Japanese mountain and river scene, as well a solid 14k gold nib, helping you craft elegant script worthy of such a beautiful writing instrument.
- Finished using the traditional Japanese maki-e technique of silk screen printing then finishing by hand
- Traditional Japanese landscape scene with a boat and lake at sunrise
- 14k gold nib
- 'Slip & Seal' cap mechanism prevents ink drying
- Comes with one blue-black ink cartridge & converter for use with bottled ink
- Presented in a Platinum gift box
- 1 year warranty against manufacturing defects
- Dimensions (Closed): L 140mm x D 15.4mm
- Dimensions (Posted): L 155mm x D 15.4mm
- Diameter taken across widest point of pen (excluding clip)
- Overall weight: 20g
Founded in 1919 in Japan, Platinum pens are designed with both traditional and modern techniques. The Maki-e pens feature classic Japanese motifs using a technique from the Tempyro Era (710-794). Prices range from the affordable Plaisir fountain pen ideal for children (£10) to the ornate Fuji Raijin pen covered with fragments of gold leaf. All Platinum pens feature high quality nibs, their music nib coveted for its extra smooth ink flow. We stock Platinum ink cartridges, converters and bottled ink.