Inspired by Mt. Fuji in the shifting light of an early spring dawn, the Platinum #3776 Shungyo Fountain Pen is a beautiful statement of Platinum design. Created to embody the misty mornings which defuse the light and turn the sky bright red, the pen is formed of transparent red resin and is etched with an undulating, lined pattern to match the ripples cascading across the surrounding lakes. A small metal piece hidden within the end cap resembles the shrouded silhouette of Mt. Fuji emerging into the dawn light and showcases Platinum’s acute attention to detail. Highlighted with rhodium plated trim, which adorns the pen like the first rays of sun, the pen has a refined and sophisticated finish. The Shungyo features an airtight 'slip and seal' cap designed to prevent ink drying out for up to two years of non-use; and a large rhodium plated 14k gold nib, which glides effortlessly across the page. Lightweight, yet perfectly balanced, the Shungyo is a modern collectors’ item and a real joy to use.
- Limited edition of 3,776 – each pen is individually numbered
- Transparent red AS resin barrel and cap with rhodium-plated trim
- Exquisite detailing reflects Mt. Fuji and its lakes in the design
- Rhodium plated 14k gold nib
- ‘Slip and Seal’ cap design to help avoid ink drying
- Comes with 1 x blue black Platinum ink cartridge, 1 x Platinum ink converter and 1 x Shungyo compliment slip booklet
- Presented in Platinum Shungyo gift box
- Dimensions (Closed): L 140mm x D 15mm
- Dimensions (Capped): L 155mm x D 15mm
- Weight: 21g
Founded in 1919 in Japan, Platinum pens are designed with both traditional and modern techniques. The Maki-e pens feature classic Japanese motifs using a technique from the Tempyro Era (710-794). Prices range from the affordable Plaisir fountain pen ideal for children (£10) to the ornate Fuji Raijin pen covered with fragments of gold leaf. All Platinum pens feature high quality nibs, their music nib coveted for its extra smooth ink flow. We stock Platinum ink cartridges, converters and bottled ink.