Ink Color: Blue
The greatest fountain pen that you haven't heard of. The Japanese-made Platinum 3776 has a cult following amongst fountain pen enthusiasts. This model features the sublime 'music nib', an italic nib of solid 14k gold with two slits and three 'tines' (prongs) rather than the normal two. This encourages smoother ink delivery and helps the tip dance gracefully across the page, making it a great choice for calligraphers and musicians alike. As for the name, 3776 is the height of Mount Fuji in metres - a fitting appellation for one of Japan's most iconic pens.
- Black AS resin body with gold-plated accents
- 14k gold nib
- Nib has three tines providing extra flexibility & line variation
- 'Slip & Seal' cap mechanism prevents ink drying
- Comes with one blue-black ink cartridge & converter for use with bottled ink
- Presented in a Platinum gift box
- 1 year warranty against manufacturing defects
- Dimensions (Closed): L 140mm x D 15.4mm
- Dimensions (Posted): L 155mm x D 15.4mm
- Diameter taken across widest point of pen (excluding clip)
- Overall weight: 20g
Founded in 1919 in Japan, Platinum pens are designed with both traditional and modern techniques. The Maki-e pens feature classic Japanese motifs using a technique from the Tempyro Era (710-794). Prices range from the affordable Plaisir fountain pen ideal for children (£10) to the ornate Fuji Raijin pen covered with fragments of gold leaf. All Platinum pens feature high quality nibs, their music nib coveted for its extra smooth ink flow. We stock Platinum ink cartridges, converters and bottled ink.