Ink Color: Blue
The greatest fountain pen that you haven't heard of. The Japanese-made Platinum 3776 has a cult following amongst fountain pen enthusiasts, largely due to a sublime 14k gold nib which glides effortlessly across the page. This model features an airtight 'slip and seal' cap designed to prevent ink drying out for up to two years of non-use. As for the name, 3776 is the height of Mount Fuji in metres - a fitting appellation for one of Japan's most iconic pens.
- Transparent burgundy resin body with gold-plated accents
- 14k gold nib
- 'Slip & Seal' cap mechanism prevents ink drying
- Comes with one blue-black Platinum ink cartridge
- Can be fitted with ink converter for use with bottled ink (sold separately)
- Presented in a Platinum gift box
- 1 year warranty against manufacturing defects
- Dimensions (Closed): L 140mm x D 15.4mm
- Dimensions (Posted): L 155mm x D 15.4mm
- Diameter taken across widest point of pen (excluding clip)
- Overall weight: 20g
Founded in 1919 in Japan, Platinum pens are designed with both traditional and modern techniques. The Maki-e pens feature classic Japanese motifs using a technique from the Tempyro Era (710-794). Prices range from the affordable Plaisir fountain pen ideal for children (£10) to the ornate Fuji Raijin pen covered with fragments of gold leaf. All Platinum pens feature high quality nibs, their music nib coveted for its extra smooth ink flow. We stock Platinum ink cartridges, converters and bottled ink.