Ink Color: Blue
A contemporary take on the ancient Japanese art of Maki-e. Modern maki-e uses screen-printing before further details are hand-painted and hand-polished by a master Maki-e craftsman. This distinctive fountain pen features a pair of 'Soryu' or dragons; a traditional symbol of good luck; atop a highly polished black lacquer base. Placed with one ascending the barrel and the other descending the cap, together they represent the ancient Buddhist concept of 'A-un', the beginning and end of all things. Finished with gold plated trim and a smooth stainless steel nib, the Platinum Modern Maki-e Vicoh Soryu Black Fountain Pen's sleek profile and light-weight yet balanced feel make writing a joy.
- Finished using the modern maki-e technique of silk screen printing then finishing by hand
- Features a pair of dragons on polished black lacquer
- Gold plated trim
- Gold plated, stainless steel nib
- Comes with one blue-black ink cartridge
- Can be fitted with ink converter for use with bottled ink (sold separately)
- Presented in a wooden Platinum gift box
- 1 year warranty against manufacturing defects
- Dimensions (Closed): L 137mm x D 14mm
- Dimensions (Posted): L 152mm x D 14mm
- Diameter taken across widest point of pen (excluding clip)
- Overall weight: 18g
Founded in 1919 in Japan, Platinum pens are designed with both traditional and modern techniques. The Maki-e pens feature classic Japanese motifs using a technique from the Tempyro Era (710-794). Prices range from the affordable Plaisir fountain pen ideal for children (£10) to the ornate Fuji Raijin pen covered with fragments of gold leaf. All Platinum pens feature high quality nibs, their music nib coveted for its extra smooth ink flow. We stock Platinum ink cartridges, converters and bottled ink.