Ink Color: Blue
Behold the ancient Japanese art of Maki-e. The name refers to a technique devised in the Tempyo Era (710-794), whereby a craftsman arranges precious materials and real gold dust into a beautiful image before sealing the design with a layer of lacquer. This Platinum fountain pen features an impressive phoenix motif, as well a solid 18k gold nib, helping you craft elegant script worthy of such a beautiful writing instrument.
- 18k solid gold medium nib
- Finished using the traditional Japanese maki-e technique of silk screen printing then finishing by hand
- Click on/off cap
- Comes with 1 blue ink cartridge
- Can be fitted with a Platinum ink converter for use with bottled ink
- Presented in a Platinum gift box
Founded in 1919 in Japan, Platinum pens are designed with both traditional and modern techniques. The Maki-e pens feature classic Japanese motifs using a technique from the Tempyro Era (710-794). Prices range from the affordable Plaisir fountain pen ideal for children (£10) to the ornate Fuji Raijin pen covered with fragments of gold leaf. All Platinum pens feature high quality nibs, their music nib coveted for its extra smooth ink flow. We stock Platinum ink cartridges, converters and bottled ink.