Ink Color: Blue
Fragments of 'Kanazawa-haku' (gold leaf) have been hand-applied using the traditional art of Momi Chirashi, bestowing upon this mighty pen an elegant glow. Fujin Raijin adorns this writing instrument, the Japanese wind and thunder gods, a defining symbol of Japan. Platinum’s slip and seal mechanism means this fountain pen won’t dry out, and is finished off with their silky smooth 14k gold nib.
- Hand applied fragments of gold leaf
- Features the character Fujin Raijin (the wind and thunder gods)
- 14k gold nib
- 'Slip & Seal' cap mechanism prevents ink drying
- Screw close cap
- Comes with one blue-black ink cartridge & converter for use with bottled ink
- Presented in a Platinum gift box
- 1 year warranty against manufacturing defects
- Dimensions (Closed): L 140mm x D 15.4mm
- Dimensions (Posted): L 155mm x D 15.4mm
- Diameter taken across widest point of pen (excluding clip)
- Overall weight: 20g
Founded in 1919 in Japan, Platinum pens are designed with both traditional and modern techniques. The Maki-e pens feature classic Japanese motifs using a technique from the Tempyro Era (710-794). Prices range from the affordable Plaisir fountain pen ideal for children (£10) to the ornate Fuji Raijin pen covered with fragments of gold leaf. All Platinum pens feature high quality nibs, their music nib coveted for its extra smooth ink flow. We stock Platinum ink cartridges, converters and bottled ink.