#InkToWin Competition Terms and Conditions
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- The Pen Heaven #InkToWin Competition (the “Competition”) starts at noon BST on Wednesday October 15th 2014 and ends at midnight GMT on Wednesday November 19th 2014 (“Competition Period”).
- By participating in the Competition, participants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (the "Pen Heaven Competition Terms and Conditions").
- This Competition is valid for participants in the European Union. You are not eligible to be included in the Competition, and you must not enter the Competition, if you are located outside the European Union.
- If you are not an employee of Coles Pen Co Ltd. (“Promoter”) and its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, promotion and advertising agencies, and members of their immediate families (spouse and parents, children and siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and persons living in the same household, whether or not related, of such employees, then you are eligible for the Competition.
- In order to enter the Competition, it is necessary for you to have access to the internet and to have a Facebook account.
HOW TO ENTER:
- You will need to create a piece of artwork using ink as your medium. To enter, you must, within the Competition Period, upload an image of your submission by following the instructions at either:
- Facebook www.facebook.com/penheaven
- or the Pen Heaven blog www.penheaven.co.uk/blog/enter-pen-heaven-inktowin-competition.
- There is no cost to enter.
- Only one (1) entry per entrant is permitted throughout the Competition Period. Multiple entries received from any entrant in excess of this limit will be void.
- Entries which are fraudulent or generated through fake Facebook accounts, script, macro or other automated means or practices, or by any means which subvert the entry process, will be void.
- You will not be eligible for entry into the Competition in relation to any message received after midnight GMT on Wednesday 19th November 2014.
- Entries will not be acknowledged or returned.
- Upon completion of the Competition Period, Pen Heaven will submit a shortlist of entries to two judges. Each judge will independently rate the entries on a 0 – 100 scale based on the criterion: creativity and innovation with the medium of ink. First-, second- and third-place entries will be selected based on a tally of both judges’ scores. In the event of a tie, Pen Heaven will cast a deciding vote. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received throughout the Competition Period.
- On or about Monday 24th November, the first-, second- and third-placed entrants will be notified via email. If the selected entrants fail to respond to the prize notification email within 72 hours or if the selected entrants do not comply in any other way with these Pen Heaven Competition Terms and Conditions, they may be disqualified and, at Promoter’s sole discretion, the prize may be awarded to the next-highest-ranked entrant(s) according to the criteria in paragraph 12.
- For the name of the winner (available after Monday 24th November), send a self-addressed, stamped, envelope to: The Pen Heaven #InkToWin Competition: Winner List, Attn: Paul Tomlinson, Pen Heaven, Unit 1 Hawthorn Business Park, 165 Granville Road, London, NW2 2AZ.
- The first-placed entrant will receive the Platinum 3776 Maki-e “Aurora” Pen. The prize value of £2,000 is given as an approximation based on probable retail value should the item have been available for sale. The second-placed entrant and third-placed entrants will each receive:
- A set of ten 5ml sample vials, including all nine Platinum Mix Free Ink colours and the Platinum diluting fluid
- A Platinum Plaisir fountain pen
- The prize includes the cost of delivery to an address in the European Union. All taxes and all other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- Winner may not substitute, assign or transfer a prize or redeem a prize for cash, but Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute a prize (or part of it) with one of comparable or greater value.
- By participating in the Competition, each entrant agrees: (a) to abide by these Pen Heaven Competition Terms and Conditions; (b) to the use of his/her name, photograph, image and/or likeness, for a period of one year dating from midnight on November 19th 2014, for programming, advertising, publicity and promotional purposes in any and all media, now or hereafter known, worldwide and on the Internet, by Promoter and its designees, without compensation (unless required by law) or additional consents from entrant or any third party and without prior notice, approval or inspection, and to execute specific consent to such use if asked to do so; and (c) not to release any publicity or other materials on their own or through someone else regarding their participation in the Competition without the prior consent of the Promoter, which it may withhold in its sole discretion.
- By submitting an image of an original piece of artwork to the competition, the entrant consents to the use of that image, for a period of one year dating from midnight on November 19th 2014, for programming, advertising, publicity and promotional purposes in any and all media, now or hereafter known, worldwide and on the Internet, by Promoter and its designees, without compensation (unless required by law) or additional consents from entrant or any third party and without prior notice, approval or inspection, and to execute specific consent to such use if asked to do so; and (c) not to release any publicity or other materials on their own or through someone else regarding their participation in the Competition without the prior consent of the Promoter, which it may withhold in its sole discretion. Entrants will not be compensated for use of the image and may not make a claim of copyright infringement or purse any other recourse against the Promoter in either the civil or criminal courts if the image is used in accordance with the conditions listed above.
- This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Inc. (“Facebook”). Facebook and its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotion agencies, and its officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents and representatives of them in no event accept any liability howsoever arising for any loss, damage, cost or expense any person may incur as a result of participating in, or seeking to participate in, the Competition.
- Promoter reserves the right to withdraw or amend the Competition (including the prize) and/or these Pen Heaven Competition Terms and Conditions at any time and for any reason, and will not be liable to any entrant for doing so.
- You are required to provide your email address and the name registered on your Facebook account to enter the Competition. By providing your and email address, you acknowledge that Promoter may send you information or offers about its website, products, promotions and services or the products and services of others that it thinks may be of interest to you. Your username will not be sold or rented to third parties. IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO SHARE YOUR INFORMATION, PLEASE DO NOT ENTER THIS COMPETITION.
- Promoter and its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotion agencies, and its officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents and representatives of them accept no responsibility for:
a) lost, late, incomplete, damaged, inaccurate, stolen, delayed, misdirected, undelivered, illegible, or garbled entries, “follows” or registrations; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other similar errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Competition, including, without limitation, similar errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Competition, the processing of entries, registrations or “follows”, the announcements of the prizes, or in any Competition-related materials;
b) any incorrect or inaccurate information caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Competition; or
c) injury or damage to any person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this Competition or downloading materials from or use of the Promoter's website.
- Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Competition or website, who act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or who are in violation of these Pen Heaven Competition Terms and Conditions will be disqualified and all associated entries will be void. Should any portion of the Competition be compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of entries, Promoter reserves the right to suspend, modify or terminate the Competition and, if terminated, to select randomly the potential winner from all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to action taken.
- In the event of a dispute regarding online entry, entry will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the Facebook account and email address associated with the entry at the time of entry and he/she must comply with these Pen Heaven Competition Terms and Conditions. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned a Facebook URL by Facebook, Inc., and specific email address by their email service provider.
- CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE COMPETITION MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, PROMOTER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK ANY AND ALL REMEDIES AVAILABLE FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
- The Promoter's decisions in all matters to do with the Competition will be final unless you dispute such decisions by contacting us as described at http://www.penheaven.co.uk/contact-us or in accordance with paragraph 29 below.
CHOICE OF LAW:
- The English courts will normally have jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, the Competition. We retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these Pen Heaven Competition Terms and Conditions in your country of residence or any other relevant country.
- These Pen Heaven Competition Terms and Conditions and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
PROMOTER: Pen Heaven, Unit 1 Hawthorn Business Park, 165 Granville Road, London, NW2 2AZ